Welcome to Teller Safe Harbor
Teller Safe Harbor has been organized to build or renovate a house to be used as a safe house, in Teller County Colorado. The goal is to provide victims of domestic abuse, a safe place to escape the violence and make plans for the future.
Click to Donate
Right Now in Teller County
The need of having a safe house in Teller County is constantly growing:
- Law enforcement gets 175-200 reported cases of family violence and sexual assault each year. At least the same amount go unreported.
- Friends and Family often do not understand.
- Even today, victims here must look outside our community to find safety.
- Our victims must leave local jobs, schools, etc. if seeking safety elsewhere.
- Staying with an abuser often seems to be their only choice.
- We are a registered non-profit corporation in the State of Colorado and a federally 501C(3) charitable organization.
- We have an active, involved Board of Directors-all with close ties to this community
- We have gained the support for our efforts from local law enforcement and representatives from the mental health and faith communities.
- Potential grant-funding and local fund raising possibilities are being actively pursued.